- Founded in the 1950s
- Mission is to help those in the community who have emergency needs
- A 501(c)3 non-profit organization
- Run mostly by volunteers with only one paid position
- Servicing those living in the Marshall School District or who have children attending Marshall Public Schools.
- Give help with food, utilities, some clothing, gasoline, lodging, youth enrichment support, and may assist with other emergency needs.
- The 20 member Board of Directors meets monthly
- Supported by area churches, schools, businesses, organizations, and individuals
- A United Way agency